Monday, October 8, 2007

Life is good....

This weekend General Conference was so wonderful. I took great notes of things I want to do better or accomplish. One thing Bryan and I decided to start doing was have couples scripture study in the mornings before he left for work. I set my alarm for 6am this morning and we started on the Doctrine and Covenants. Then we were able to kneel in morning prayer together as a couple. It's funny but once kids came along we only have done "family" prayer and scripture study. I think this is going to be so great for our marriage.

On another note, I did something this morning that I never thought I would do. I turned down the opportunity to be on a Design Team for stamping. I have always wanted to be on one since I retired from Stampin' Up! and the chance finally arrived this week. I was supposed to send in some samples this morning after receiving a 2nd e-mail from the owner of the company asking me personally to apply. I sent her a message that I decided that it would be in the best interest of my family just to enjoy them and stamp for fun. Yes, it would be wonderful to be on a design team but I know me. I get stressed out pretty easily if I have deadlines. I know I made the right decision.

Since I have been up for almost 3 hours now I have gotten a lot done. I have even already had my own personal scripture study. I am going to read the New Testament by Christmas. I have never read it before, just bits and pieces. I just read the Sermon on the Mount and am in awe.

One other thing I am going to do better with is writing in my journal everyday. That can include my blog. I'm just going to print out my pages and attach them in my journal. I type so much fast than I write.

No comments: