Monday, November 12, 2007

I love Fall

My most favorite season of the year is Fall. I love how cool it feels outside but is not totally cold yet. I love the leaves changing to beautiful colors outside. I love the holidays that come in the Fall and all the gatherings that come with that. I love taking pictures of my family and scrapbooking them later while remembering all the fun times we had.

I haven't posted on this blog in quite a while. I haven't blogged that much in general. Guess I've just been busy with my life. I'm not feeling that well this week. I think I have a stomach virus and I'm just a little bit moody. Don't tell Bryan that I've admitted to the second part. I don't know what it is all about but I just haven't been myself. I think I am analyizing things too much.

Yesterday I got to spend all day scrapbooking in OKC with some friends I met online in the scrapbooking community. They were all super nice and I was able to make some new friends. We are going to do this quarterly and I am in charge of the next one. The girls that were in charge really went all out with the decorations and goodies. I won the huge doorprize at the end of the day and it was worth well over $100. I only paid $20 to go so I got that all back. I was so super excited!

Today I'm going to spend getting my house in order for tomorrow's scrapbooking day. A few of the girls from church are coming over for a couple of hours. My house is still pretty clean from last week, believe it or not, so I only have a few loads of laundry to do today. FUN!

I am letting Katelyn stay home from school today because her throat still hurts and she doesn't feel well. She missed church yesterday, too, because of it. She is definitely going to school tomorrow but I went ahead and told her to go back to bed this morning. Poor little thing. She hates missing school because she doesn't want to get behind.

I've really been enjoying the New Testament in my personal scripture study. There are so many parables & stories that are familiar to me but I've never read. It seems like simple reading to me. I miss reading the Book of Mormon so I am starting to add some of that to my daily routine, too, instead of just reading that as a family. The BOM was written for our day and there are many teachings in there that I can apply to my life now. If you've never read it I highly recommend it. You can go to www.mormon.org and request a copy or I can send you one. :)

Well, I'd better get on with my day. I just wish I could feel normal. I just have all these thoughts in my head and I can't contain them.

I wanted to add that Bryan's practice is doing great! They have doubled their patients since last month which is really wonderful. Maybe now we can start making a dent in the money we owe. I don't think people realize that we haven't even started paying anything back yet because when we were in the AF it was all deferred. Also we had to pay for the residency and we didn't get paid. The phone calls are already beginning for donations and I'm trying not to get irritated but I would like to get out of debt first. You know what I mean. We have lived like students for 11 1/2 years now and I'm ready to be out of that phase.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Robyn, my cute friend Robyn. Glad I popped over to check your blog today. I sometimes forget because I have google reader, but it doesn't let you put private blogs in it.

You make me happy. You're just so real and sweet. You have such a desire to be so good. I love that about you.

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. Brian and I have been sick too, and it takes so much out of you!

I love fall too, but I very much miss summer. I can't enjoy fall as much because I know it means it could snow anyday now. I don't love winter.

And I hear you about student loan debt and everyone in the whole world wanting donations! =) Oh if they only knew.

Heather said...

Wow, no wonder you're moody, your brain is full. I hate those days when everything feels like it's coming all at once and you won't ever catch up. I felt so much better this weekend because we had Monday off for Veteran's Day. I got so much more accomplished and didn't feel rushed. I just hate doing everything over the weekend. Ok, now I'm babbling. Feel better, things will get better.

OH, and while I too love the fall colors, I miss the flip flop days of summer. I'm so cold all the time.

Shawna said...

Oh Robyn - you've been feeling so yucky and you STILL had us over for scrapbooking this morning. Your spirit is totally *stronger* than your body! You are an example - thank you! It's that time of year when it's easy to get overwhelmed by everything ... and it's cold outside ... and Thanksgiving is coming ... and Wal-mart supercenter is already playing Christmas music ...