Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year

Since most of you know that I lost some very important pictures this weekend, I am going to try harder to make sure I back them up, & also blog more of them.

On Monday nights our family has what we call Family Home Evening. It is a program designed by our church to help families designate one night a week to just family time. We usually have a lesson, sing songs, play games, and have a special treat. Now most of you know that trying to make this work with 5 little children cannot be that much fun. Well, most of the time you are right. There is a lot of noise and chaos BUT we are happy that we are able to do this. Last night was an exception and there was much peace, love and joy at our Family Home Evening.

We started out with a family prayer & by singing a favorite song (which was chosen by one of the children). We sang "I Like Bananas, Coconuts, & Grapes". Following the song our 9 year old gave the lesson. She spent 2 1/2 hours on my Cricut Sunday night preparing for this. I was amazed at how AWESOME she was with my bug! She could show us all a few tricks! Her lesson was on getting along together in the house. She talked about how we should say kind words, not fight (which they all are working on), serve each other, and just be nice. Here are some pics of her teaching her lesson.....


Do you like how she used Hannah Montana in it??!!


After the lesson we read scriptures, said the closing prayer, and then got ready for the treats! Don't they look yummy???


Did I already mention that this is my favorite time of year???



2 year olds eating caramel covered apples are just scrumptious!!

After we ate the yummy treat (okay, I had 2!), we carved a pumpkin! This is so early for us. Usually we are doing it as an afterthought ON Halloween! I even toasted the pumpkin seeds after. Yes, it was a great night!

Here are my happy children! They love to make a mess and not get in trouble!!


I hope you all are having a great week and making fun traditions for your families! I know that it is something that they will remember and cherish for the rest of their lives.

2 comments:

Photo Crazy! said...

SOOOOO nice to see a post! I am sorry you lost some pics...what happend? I love fall as well, but summer is my favorite. Love ya, Jennie

Linnea said...

I love caramel apples! The only thing better is when they have been dipped in chocolate over the caramel ... just a thought for next year. :)