Monday, February 4, 2008

Very sad day

Today has been a very sad day for me and my family. We lost a dear friend last night to cancer. When I joined the LDS church the Farrington family took me in as one of their own. My 2nd mom, Nedra, passed away last night. I am flying out to Utah this week for her funeral. I am happy for Nedra to be able to be in a better place now but I am sad for all the family she left behind. She was a strength to so many. I have never met anyone who was more selfless. She always thought of everyone else's needs before her own. I have learned many things from her but the biggest one is that we should love everyone no matter where they have come from.

3 comments:

Linnea said...

I believe I met the Farringtons. So sorry to hear of Nedra's passing. I don't know where the funeral is being held in Utah, but you are always welcome to stay with us if we are anywhere close to where you need to be.

Wendi said...

I'm so sorry, Robyn. You're welcome to stay here too if you need a place. Or a meal. Or anything at all!

the Cardon Clan said...

I'm sorry to hear that. It's must be hard to lose someone whose been so instrumental in your life. Be safe traveling.