Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 6 - My love of reading


I just finished this book, Fire of the Covenant, today and I bawled like a baby all the way to the last page. I love to read but I especially love to read stories of pioneers. Some of my favorite books include Little House on the Prairie & The Work and the Glory. I have learned so much about the Willie and Martin handcart companies from this book. My eyes are opened and I have an entirely different respect for the Mormon pioneers and all the other pioneers that traveled across the country. As I was reading this book a thought struck me really hard. I don't think I could do it. I would be the one that would die of starvation and the elements because of my constant complaining and murmuring. I only wish I could be as strong as they were. Also, they were willing to give up so much of their material possessions in order to go to Zion. I cannot even imagine their faith. I only hope that if I am ever asked to do something similar that I will do it without hesitation.

No comments: